1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Day 20 and no peeps yet - grrrrrr - 8 hours later and still nothing.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Must Be Losing It, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Must Be Losing It

Must Be Losing It Lost It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    After a rather frustrating first hatch I am on to day 20 with my 2nd. What's killing me is that there is not one peep yet from the eggs yet.

So I have to ask, when you have all heard your first peeps?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  2. Joy1

Joy1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Lancashire,England
    I didn't hear any peeps , forced air incubator, and out she popped on day 22!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I am just finishing up a hatch 28 out of 32 so far...didn't have pips til late in the day on 20...your temps could have been alittle off, just be patient..Not giving up on the other 4 eggs just yet...

4. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    The other four eggs never made it. My husband opened one and it was not fully developed, so we assume the same state was for the others - we did this on day 25.

It was sad. That's why I'm so pessimistic about this batch. I have bad hatching Karma.

[​IMG]

5. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    So maybe because I had no temperature spikes this batch of eggs they're arriving a little slowly.........maybe?

I must ask myself again, "Why do I do this."

[​IMG]

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    We have all gone through failed hatches...its just the "never give up" and learn from your mistakes !!..Keep a journal each time as to what your doing, it really helps...If these have all been shipped eggs try someone local to buy a doz. fertile eggs and try hatching those before attempting shipped ones...It's always riskly with shipped eggs, some just don't make it....

Just be patient!!...If your temps have been low they can cause a delayed hatch...low temps are always better then spikes...

7. Freddy

Freddy Out Of The Brooder

today is day 20 for me too I heard pipes sinces last night and 6 have hatched out so far and 1 is rolling around.

8. Must Be Losing It

Mar 3, 2008
    Uxbridge MA
    I'm jealous. I checked again this morning and still nothing. I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

Julie

[​IMG]

9. chicktasticvt

chicktasticvt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Bennington, VT
    Im with ya, today is day 20 for me and I have one little loner egg left [​IMG] , No pips or peeps for me either, but its still moving around in there. If you cross your fingers for me I will for you! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by