Day 20 and no pip

thumbsup.gif
Good to HEAR!!! keep us posted on your little darlings progress

Day 21--nothing yet. I though I heard chirping around lunchtime yesterday then nothing. The eggs look like they are in the same position they were when I went to bed last night. I am trying so hard not to worry. This is worse than when I was waiting for my own kids to be born!!! I am still holding out hope.

2 hours until day 21 and still nothing. I think it's so much worse casue i'm only waiting on 1 egg hatching. So it's not like others that arrive early will keep me occupied. I'm just holding on to all hope for this one.
fl.gif

Quote:
Hang in there!!!!
hugs.gif
Don't worry yet! Mine have never started till day 21! last week, my first 1 pipped on very late day 20 and took 24 hours to hatch!!!! They are comin........
celebrate.gif

Update--I finally got a pip on one of the eggs! There is hope! The down side is I have to work all weekend so I will be going crazy wondering what is happening at home! I am sooooooo hoping they all pip and hatch.

Great news!!!
clap.gif
Don't panic if there's no progress for several hours.

I've got a pip, too
bun.gif
The other 10 are quiet - nothing's happening there.

MuscovyMad - are you hatching just one egg?

Here is the first baby! The pip turned into a fullscale zip at 10:15 and baby was out an hour later! Its chirping up a storm. A grey silkie. One on its toes is somewhat curled but I am hoping it will straighten. It is certainly moving around though! I hope the other 3 hatch as well! I am sooooooooo relieved!

Day 21 was yesterday and this morning I found a chick. It's not chirping or moving around though. Should I be worried? Their's 3 more eggs in the bator so I can't open it.

Did you tap on the plastic cover to see if you get a response? I have been doing that with my new one to make sure all is okay. I cant open my bator either as I am waiting on 3 more to hatch. Try tapping and talking to it. You should get a response. You can also look at it and see if you can see it breathing. My poor little one is sooo tired! She keeps napping and I freak out thinking she is dead. I will send good vibes your way!!!

Back
Top Bottom