Day 20 and no pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pharmchickrnmom, Mar 3, 2011.

1. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    So this is day 20 and still nothing happening. They are all (4) silkie eggs and were all moving when I candled them before locking them down. I do have them in a cut down egg carton with the pointy end down. I check them frequently and notice that they are in different positions at different times but no pips. Temp is holding steady at 99.8 and humidity is holding around 75 percent. Am I just being a worrywart? Tomorrow will be day 21. How many days after that do I wait before I give up on them and shut off the incubator? This is my first time hatching and I am starting to stress out. Help!!!

2. MuscovyMad

MuscovyMad Chirping

Dec 2, 2010
    I'm also on day 20 only by about 5 hours though. And i'm getting worried / not really worried just impatient and want it to start already. Funny how it's hard to wait for the first couple of weeks but then you hit the last few days and it seems to take forever. [​IMG]

3. Heckel's Hens

Heckel's Hens Songster

Jan 23, 2011
    Southern VA
    Mine all pipped on Day 21 and hatched within 12 hours. It's coming!!

4. tigtoy

tigtoy In the Brooder

Feb 26, 2011
    Maple Ontario
    don't get your hopes down man you'll get something hopefully.

5. Eveemg

Eveemg In the Brooder

Mar 3, 2011
    Norfolk, UK
    Good luck and keep us posted how exciting! x[​IMG]

6. dominiquePL

dominiquePL Chirping

Dec 4, 2010
    Poland
    Quote:I'm on day 20 (early hours), too. And I'm getting worried/impatient as well [​IMG] And insane [​IMG]

7. MuscovyMad

MuscovyMad Chirping

Dec 2, 2010
    Yeah it's getting ridiculous. I spend all day thinking about them. Then at night i start having nightmares that it's all gone wrong. I dreamt they drowned for the past couple of nights. Then last night i dreamt that i had twins hatch from one egg. I don't even know if thats possible. Made a nice change from drowning though. [​IMG]

I wonder what i'll end up dreaming of tonight. [​IMG]

8. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Songster

Apr 13, 2010
    I will be dreaming that my eggs hatched. Hopefully, when I wake up, maybe something will have happened! This is crazy!!!! [​IMG]

9. DrRob

DrRob In the Brooder

I have known Silkies to be a little longer than normal and I have had them hatch at 23/24 days so I wouldn't worry too much - I am sure they will arrive when they are ready !

Regards
    Dr Rob.

10. dominiquePL

dominiquePL Chirping

Dec 4, 2010
    Poland
    I heard one chick peeping [​IMG] So at least one is in the air cell. Still no pips but there is some progress for sure [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: