Day 20 and No pip :(

I would also suggest day 23. If your temp was a little cool it may take a little longer.

Here is a Learning Center article by Sumi about diagnosing incubation problems

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/egg-failure-to-hatch-diagnosing-incubation-problems

While it is discouraging when a hatch fails, don't let it stop you from trying again, it is great fun. And whether your hatch is successful or not it is a great learning experience for kids - the excitement of hatching, or how to handle the discouragement when things don't go as hoped.

Also these were the first two to hatch so I'm hoping for more I got nada on day 21 and 22 I must have been running cooler than the thermometer said. ..

Its day 21 and I pulled them out to candle and most have good air cells and have almost the entire egg taken up but I see no movement in any of them....no inner pips either... I'm sad

I'll wait till day 23 or so...I don't know if I should open them when none hatch or just throw them away...i don't know if I can see dead chicks. That's so sad

Give them a bit longer and sit on your hands! I know it's nerve wrecking, waiting for the chicks to start hatching, but as I and some members above said, sometimes they are "on time" (day 21), sometimes they are a bit late. All you can do is wait. They will hatch when they decide they are ready to hatch.

It's only just day 21 by you, so you should start seeing some action in the next 24 hours, provided the incubator conditions were optimal. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom