Day 20 and no pipping

Still air incubators are generally run a little hotter because you get a stratified effect with passive air flow - up to 5 degrees difference between the temp measured at the bottom and top of the incubator. It’s likely the temp was a little on the low side and your eggs will be a little later hatching. If you’re hearing peeping, all is well and you’ll just have to be patient. :)
do you have a secondary thermometer inside, confirming the temp? I have a magic fly (janoel 12) which is a forced air, but it has major differences from one end of the incubator to the other. Not sure if the still air would be the same or not, but likely; hot and cold spots are a common thing in the tabletop machines. :)

Still air incubators are generally run a little hotter because you get a stratified effect with passive air flow - up to 5 degrees difference between the temp measured at the bottom and top of the incubator. It’s likely the temp was a little on the low side and your eggs will be a little later hatching. If you’re hearing peeping, all is well and you’ll just have to be patient. :)
do you have a secondary thermometer inside, confirming the temp? I have a magic fly (janoel 12) which is a forced air, but it has major differences from one end of the incubator to the other. Not sure if the still air would be the same or not, but likely; hot and cold spots are a common thing in the tabletop machines. :)
yes i have one measuring the temp and humidity, i’m not sure if this will effect them but during the winter storm i lost power and a lot of them died i was keeping them warm with a candle, i’m now down to 13 and i candled them all before lockdown and they were all alive and moving.

Just give it more time. In winter I’ve noticed my hatches have been late. I had up to day 24 Chickies hatching this winter. After that, I’d candle to make sure they’re still alive. But until then, no peeking 😆

Back
Top Bottom