Day 20 and no pipping

so i shouldn’t worry about that egg?
I always worry about hatching eggs, so telling you not to worry probably would not do anyone any good.

You simply must decide on your course of action. You will either let the egg follow nature's path to success or failure, or you are resolved to intervene. Intervention does not guarantee success.

Chicks can live a long time in the shell as long as they are getting enough oxygen. As long as your humidity is good and they do not get shrink wrapped, the chick will likely come out on it's own.

I always worry about hatching eggs, so telling you not to worry probably would not do anyone any good.

You simply must decide on your course of action. You will either let the egg follow nature's path to success or failure, or you are resolved to intervene. Intervention does not guarantee success.

Chicks can live a long time in the shell as long as they are getting enough oxygen. As long as your humidity is good and they do not get shrink wrapped, the chick will likely come out on it's own.
i will give it one more day and if no progress i’ll help him

I’ve had some that pip to zip in a very short time frame, and others that seem to take ages. If they’re peeping and can breathe, they’ll be ok. The only time you may need to assist is if the chick starts zipping and then stops for a long period of time and is making distress calls. I’ve only ever had one duckling that needed some help that way. Everyone else has managed to zip in their own time. :)
Waiting is definitely the hardest part of hatching. Gah.

Back
Top Bottom