Day 20 and nothing ( 4 Hatched pic #4)

You shouldn't see anything on day 20 except for maybe really late. Chickens hatch on day 21 unless your temperatures are a little off or you have seramas. Sometimes you'll hear peeping but not always. Sometimes you'll get an early pip but it's better if you don't and they all start on time together.

In my experience, any that do not hatch by Day 22-23 are most likely not supposed to hatch for whatever reason. I never let them go that long. The ones that do are weak, sometimes deformed, or already dead. Late hatchers breed late hatchers, some books say. In fact, about halfway through Day 22 is when I start ending the hatch.

Leave them alone I thought mine werent going to hatch but they did 4 out of 5. The last one I knew wasnt going to hatch left it in there anyways. Dont get impatient it will happen my first one hatched out almost to the same time I set them,weird huh
Good luck (this was my first hatch) now its all down hill from here I'm totally addicted and need chicken anyomous.

Julie's Silkies :

someone siad they go go to 25 days and hatch, is that true.

yes it has happened to me day 25 my temp was off​

Last edited:
one chick just hatched, i ordered showgirl eggs. but it doesnt have black skin or a naked neck.
will take better pic when it dries.

wonder what it is. besides a chick
2cenr4j.jpg

Back
Top Bottom