day 20 at 8 pm tonight

Congrats..sounds like they're on their way. Come on chickies!
jumpy.gif

Jody

I have 1 fuzzy butt!! 2 are still pipped no progress on them nothing on the other eggs. 1 of them that has a pip in it pipped last night it was the first one to pip, the one that hatched pipped this morning at around 6 am. There were no other pips but that one at 5 am then at 6 when hubby got up the other two had pipped. I am getting worried about the first pip that was about 24 hours ago and still no chick.
I did get a glimps at one of the other eggs and it still has a live chick in it but no pip what am I going to do today is day 22. I think my themometer is running tem a little cool I don't know.

games009.jpg

this is the first one to hatch and it pipped this morning at around 6 am. 1 pipped yesterday afternoon and no progress and another one this morning no progress there either no other pips but still live chicks in the eggs at least there were this morning

awww its sooo cute!! I have seen other people on here say that they have had pips at day 18 or 19 and then the chicks don't hatch until day 20 or 21 so I wouldn't worry to much! I'm on Day 2 of my first hatch so that is other people experiences not my own!
yippiechickie.gif

Leave the lid on!! I know it's hard, but everytime you open it up to check for movement you let out a lot of moisture and you may end up with chicks "glued" in the shells that can't turn to zip the shell.

the lid is closed. It has a clear dome on top and you can see the eggs rock and see the pips very clearly.

You're getting great advice. Opening the lid to take the chick out could potentially have ruined the rest of your hatch. Keep it closed and hope for the best. Opening it during pip stage can be especially devastating to the hatch. Your chick is very cute..I hope it gets some friends soon. Good luck.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom