day 20 at 8 pm tonight

chickabator

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
ky
today is day 20 and still nothing I put my flashlight down on some of the eggs and you can still see babies moving but still no pips HeLP Im going crazy

You will do fine...just stay calm and stay away from the bator...!!..Find a good movie to watch or book to read...lol....

thanks alot, sad thing is when I go and do my supper dishes in a few minutes the eggs are right by my sink!! Here I go with the flashlight looking to see if there are any pips yet. I know on day 18 when I quit turnning them there were babies wiggling in the eggs we bought the eggs off ebay.
there were 18 delaware, now I have 14 1 was cracked and 3 were clear on day 7 but i let them stay to day 14 and the 3 were still clear. so I took them out. I am hoping I get at least 5 or six I would be happy.

some woman her handle is acccchris on ebay she sells delaware eggs on there I got 18 for 13.85 plus 10.25 shipping I think I will have to look and make sure. I know that it was 23.90 total. I went and checked to make sure.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ahhhhh GREAT!!!!

P1130134.jpg

That is where we got our Delawares. We had a very good hatch rate and the birds
are awesome. We had no problems with aggressiveness and they are super friendly.
Her and I have emailed back and forth a few times. Great Egg Vendor. I'm surprised
she isn't a member here.

Don

they are beautiful birds! my dh loves them we have some RIRs we bought from ideal and their eyes turned blue they don't act sick or anything. Then today when I went to feed them their eyes now are turnning green is this normal? oh they are almost 10 weeks old now

Last edited:
Quote:
We need Silkiechicken or DLHUnicorn for this one. I've never heard of that.

Our hatch was 3 to 1 roo to hen ratio. I hope you like roosters.
roll.png

I have 6 rir cockerels, 2 barred rock cockerels 1 white rock rooster 2 buff orpington roosters and 2 red star cockerels I believe I am going to have to get rid of a few.

Back
Top Bottom