Eggs hatching 2 days early.

Feb 13, 2024
Hi, I am brand new to incubating eggs. This is my very first go around. anyways, I’m using a nurture right 360 and I set the eggs on February 18th and today is day 20 and I have 1 chick fully hatched and drying and 2 pipping. My question is why would they hatch earlier? Also, if none of the other eggs start hatching today or tomorrow, do I still leave the chicks in the incubator until all of the eggs are hatched?

day 20 is not an early hatch. some do hatch early. don't try opening any eggs, let them hatch normal. They can be left in incubator until all eggs hatch.

Just thinking out loud: Depending on environment could it have been further along in dev before setting?My girls use 1 nest (out of 5 :he ) so warm fluffy butts are on eggs a lot until I can collect in evening.

Just thinking out loud: Depending on environment could it have been further along in dev before setting?My girls use 1 nest (out of 5 :he ) so warm fluffy butts are on eggs a lot until I can collect in evening.
In response to your question about days to hatch... I let my hen hatch out her first brood and they just turned one week old. I gave her eggs I had curated and let sit for a few days (indoors where no hens had access) on a Saturday evening and the first one hatched on a Thursday night and the rest on Friday. I thought that was early too but nature took its course and that's what happened. Seven thriving babies out of eight eggs so that's awesome. ;-)

I wish you well with your hatching! I am attempting my first incubator hatch ever with eggs from the same birds and doubt I will get as good of a hatch but I will do my best. :) I'm on here checking humidity questions as well since I'm setting up the incubator a day early and the humidity in there seems too high. Looks like there's a lot of different information on humidity!

Back
Top Bottom