1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

day 20 Jersey Giants are hatching!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equine chick, May 26, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I just took 7 eggs off the turner. I started with 9 of maria halls sq jersy giants. One not fertile, one died in embryo and 7 very fertile and active eggs. I got them off late but one or two looks very close to air cell. Wish me luck!

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Wishing you lots of luck. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    We are at day 19 temp is steady and humidity at 66%

4. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Today is day 20. This morning I heard some peeps and rocking going on. I thought great right on schedule Maybe I will see a pip tonight when I get home. Well i got home to 5 babies and one is zipping and one has just started to pip and we are halfway through day 20. This may be my most sucessful hatch yet by percentage. The babies are big and fat and mostly a black or black spash, i believe one is a steel blue. I highly recommendn maria halls jersey giants.

5. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    yur so lucky!!!
    i wish i had space for some of those gigantic chickens [​IMG]
    congrats and good luck on your hatch.
    (and pics soon please!)

6. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Just an update on my hatch. We had 6 of the 7 hatch. It is day 22 and candled the last egg and it's not moving but I'm really happy for the success we had. I had a 86% success my best so far. I'm going to post pics later, they are beautiful, bigger than the ones I hatched two weeks ago. One thing I wanted to add, one of them is a partridge color. Do jg come in a brown???

Last edited: May 30, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by