Day 20 no peeping.Dry incubation didn't work?

I have not calibrated my thermometer but the last time I hatched eggs all eggs developed and 2/3 hatched.I have no idea what the salt test is.
Oh boy.

If you have not salt tested your humidity gauge then you have no clue if your humidity is reading correctly or too high or way too low.

Here:
https://www.neptunecigar.com/tips/how-to-calibrate-your-hygrometer

Number one rule in incubating with the incubator... Never trust built-in instruments.
Always by separate thermometers and a humidity gauge to calibrate and salt test.

In relationship to dry hatching, I feel you have to equate amount of eggs to the size of the incubator. Each egg contains moisture, so if the incubator air space equals the same amount of eggs occupying the space. The humidity would be consistently stable. Therefore you wouldn't need to add water to raise the humidity. If there's more air space to egg ratio it would be quite a dry hatch.

I personally would never dry hatch cause my time is important and I want chicks.

In relationship to dry hatching, I feel you have to equate amount of eggs to the size of the incubator. Each egg contains moisture, so if the incubator air space equals the same amount of eggs occupying the space. The humidity would be consistently stable. Therefore you wouldn't need to add water to raise the humidity. If there's more air space to egg ratio it would be quite a dry hatch.

I personally would never dry hatch cause my time is important and I want chicks.
I dry hatch and have excellent results.

Sorry, I have not heard of 'dry incubating' so won't comment on that until I have a clue but I find the peeping usually happens the same time as the egg wiggling and shortly after there is a pip. If it wiggles - talk to it, chirp at it, play some harmonica, whatever you do to introduce yourself and they will respond.

Back
Top Bottom