Day 20 Of Hatching Eggs for the first time!

very stressful might i add too. If i dont get anything i think im done and ill just buy day old chickens. im gettng frustrated. i read everything and i did everything right and they were all fertile.

Don't get discouraged, give them a couple more days. If this hatch does fail, you can always try again. I know how sad you must feel. My first hatch seemed like it took an eternity!! Out of 12 eggs, I only got 4 chicks, 5 if one hadn't died in the zip process. One of the 4 wouldn't be here if I hadn't helped it. This is just like anything else in this world, a gamble. The only way to acheive success is to keep trying. I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!
fl.gif

Debbi

Thank you! i got 42 in there so i would think that i would get something. I took one out that didnt do anything and when i opened i there was nothing, it looked like a normal egg. So we will see. Ill give it a few more days and see if anything happends. Been trying to stay distracted. I will prob try again, just stinks if i lost 42 eggs or however cause they could have been used.

I'm on day 20, too -- my first hatch. No signs of hatching yet. My homemade incubator, which had been holding pretty close to 99.5 degrees, has been showing slightly lower temps since I added some hardware cloth to block chick access to the lamp, fan, and thermostat at lockdown. One more thing to make me nervous!
fl.gif
I hope everyone's hatches go well!

Im on Day 23. Nothing here neither... Dont know whats going on or if any are going to hatch. They dont stink or anything so going to leave them alone for a few more days. Im going to my parents house for 4th of july so ill have time away from the disappointment. I wish you luck though. give the more time.
jumpy.gif

Yeeeaaa!!! Don't worry, they take awhile, some quite awhile to hatch. They will be tired when they get out too, and may lay and flop around a bit. Normal stuff. Try to wait till there are at least 2 of them, and that they are dry and fluffy (or at least dry) before you put them in the brooder. They will kick the heck out of the other eggs, in fact my first two cracked one of my eggs, so as soon as they were dry, in the brooder they went! Have your brooder warm and ready before you put them in so they don't get chilled! Congrats! Let us know when some more pop out!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

No, the egg they cracked never pipped, so they may have killed it. How much blood are we talking here, and where is it?? Is there blood coming from the chick or the shell? Are you helping the chick out?? If it's got it's beak through and breathing, leave it alone! It will come out eventually. If you are peeling the shell and membrane, and tear too much, you can kill it.

Back
Top Bottom