Day 20, they're hatching!

KinderKorner

Songster
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Southern Illinois
The last two batches of eggs I only got 1 chick out of 30. I kept having humidity problems.

Well I'm trying again, and today is day 18, I just added a sponge.

So far no peeping or rocking. Although there is a brooder with chicks making noise in the same room so it may be hard to tell.

I'm hoping for at least a 50% hatch rate. Gosh. When I first started I got 75%+ now I get one stinken chick.

Well anyway, I will keep you updated. No pips, or peeps yet.

fl.gif

Last edited:
It's okay I'm on day 20 today and finally woke up to pips in 5 eggs so give it time it's early yet.Mine didn't do anything on day 18...

I'm on day 18 today. So one day behind you. Last night as I was turning them for the last time I dropped one and it cracked.
barnie.gif
Doesn't look like it rupture the membrane so I left it in there. So wish me luck.
fl.gif
I have 30 eggs due to hatch 6/14-15.

Last edited:
Day 19, still nothing.

I am still fighting with myself at what humidity to keep it at. Some say 55% some say 65%. Gr. I can't decide.

Oh no! Poor chickie. I will be praying for your little bird Jransmith. Hopefully it is okay.

Thanks for all the encouragement.

PS. Sunshinesilkes

Our babies are doing good. Sweet little things. I have one that is especially tame.
love.gif
Got to love 'her'

OMG! I can't believe it!

I checked the bator an hour ago, not a single movement. It's now 2 am in the morning. I check again, cause I was hearing alot of noise but thought it was my brooder chicks.

And TWO chicks are out, and at least 5 more pipping! How egg-citing! I can't believe it.

I may actually get a good hatch this time!
love.gif

Man, these little guys are quick. Usually they take more than a day to hatch out, but these little power houses are working full speed and getting out quick! I can't wait to wake up to a bunch of little chicks!

I'm only a little bit behind you. I'm on day 18 with my 1st set of eggs ever and there is definitely movement in them. I candled them a few days ago and it was easy to see the chicks moving in them. One of them is moving very slightly in the incubator now. I figure that will be my first one to hatch. (I hope.)

Back
Top Bottom