Day 20 UPDATE...DEFORMED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SundownWaterfowl, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Well, today is day 19 for my two silkie eggs. 8 came in the mail and only 2 developed, guess they went though a lot when shipped. Well, I just got home today, and my 1 egg is pipped. Last night when I put them in the hatcher, they both looked great.

Wish me luck for a 100% hatch. [​IMG]

ETA: I forgot to say that they are hatching in a paper egg carton with the bottoms cut out.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008

2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    good luck! [​IMG]

Krista

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Buena suerte!

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    :flGood luck!!

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Sending good hatching vibes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Come On Chickies!!! [​IMG]

6. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Songster

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Good luck, I just had one of my two silkie eggs hatch today by surprise, Its day 19 for me too!

Good luck! And Congrats, what color silkie? mine was white.

7. Quote:Just FYI... if your getting pips on day 19, your bator may be a little hot....

8. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Songster

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    all of my eggs always hatch on day 21 on the money, I think this egg may have gotton incubated by the broody hens for a couple days before it was discovered. Guess I should have mentioned that part, The other ones are all alive but havent pipped yet, but thanks for the heads up.

9. Quote:Just FYI... if your getting pips on day 19, your bator may be a little hot....

Nope it wasnt. It was 37.4-37.6 celsius during the whole incubation. Some times bantam eggs hatch a day earlier.

ETA: I just checked on the egg, and the pip hole is a little bit bigger. Im thinking it should be out by 7pm tonight. Thats 24 hours after it pipped the shell.

10. The chick has about a 1/2" zip going around the egg. The color of its feathers is silvery, so im thinking its blue. I will post pics when its out. It will probably be out within an hour. She is peeping and zipping. lol. I cant wait till shes out.

ETA: I just checked after I typed this, and she has gotten almost another 1/2" around the egg. I think she will be out within 5-10min. She is a very quick zipper [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by