1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 20 UPDATE...DEFORMED

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SundownWaterfowl, Aug 21, 2008.

1. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Well, today is day 19 for my two silkie eggs. 8 came in the mail and only 2 developed, guess they went though a lot when shipped. Well, I just got home today, and my 1 egg is pipped. Last night when I put them in the hatcher, they both looked great.

Wish me luck for a 100% hatch. [​IMG]

ETA: I forgot to say that they are hatching in a paper egg carton with the bottoms cut out.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    good luck! [​IMG]

Krista

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Buena suerte!

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    :flGood luck!!

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Sending good hatching vibes [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Come On Chickies!!! [​IMG]

6. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Good luck, I just had one of my two silkie eggs hatch today by surprise, Its day 19 for me too!

Good luck! And Congrats, what color silkie? mine was white.

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Just FYI... if your getting pips on day 19, your bator may be a little hot....

8. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    all of my eggs always hatch on day 21 on the money, I think this egg may have gotton incubated by the broody hens for a couple days before it was discovered. Guess I should have mentioned that part, The other ones are all alive but havent pipped yet, but thanks for the heads up.

9. SundownWaterfowl

Quote:Just FYI... if your getting pips on day 19, your bator may be a little hot....

Nope it wasnt. It was 37.4-37.6 celsius during the whole incubation. Some times bantam eggs hatch a day earlier.

ETA: I just checked on the egg, and the pip hole is a little bit bigger. Im thinking it should be out by 7pm tonight. Thats 24 hours after it pipped the shell.

10. SundownWaterfowl

The chick has about a 1/2" zip going around the egg. The color of its feathers is silvery, so im thinking its blue. I will post pics when its out. It will probably be out within an hour. She is peeping and zipping. lol. I cant wait till shes out.

ETA: I just checked after I typed this, and she has gotten almost another 1/2" around the egg. I think she will be out within 5-10min. She is a very quick zipper [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by