Day 20

Oh, I just saw that you guys were mentioning about day counting. I set my eggs late in the evening and have been calling the next day, Day 1. Is that the template you have been following.?

You let 24 hours pass before you start counting days. For instance, if you set your eggs Saturday at 10. Then you would count starting Sunday at 10. Day 1 would be complete Monday at 10.

How did the rest of the hatch go? We headed out to see our grandson, knowing we wouldn't be leaving the house for quite a while once the chicks hatched. When we returned home, 6 were hatched out (newly) and 2 were just popping their heads out. A day early, just like yours.

I'm hatching 3 eggs under a broody. At day 22, and not a pip or anything yet. She's sitting on the eggs when I sneak into the coop, but when she she's me, she starts pacing. How long until we give up? I candled at day 14, and I thought I read you shouldn't candle any later in the game.

Last edited:
I would candle and look for any internal pipping. Just to see if you see anything. Some don't hatch as late as day 24-25. It just depends on you elements. Like I said, just candle and see. It won't hurt anything. I candles mine everyday 1-21 and they all hatched. Let us know what happens!

How did the rest of the hatch go? We headed out to see our grandson, knowing we wouldn't be leaving the house for quite a while once the chicks hatched. When we returned home, 6 were hatched out (newly) and 2 were just popping their heads out. A day early, just like yours.

They all hatched on day 21. Right on time!!!

Th
I would candle and look for any internal pipping. Just to see if you see anything. Some don't hatch as late as day 24-25. It just depends on you elements. Like I said, just candle and see. It won't hurt anything. I candles mine everyday 1-21 and they all hatched. Let us know what happens!

Thank you. I'll candle tonight. I should still see movement, even if they're full-term? Is there enough room. I really hope at least 1 of the 3 hatch. I put 9 under her, and she's down to 3.

Back
Top Bottom