Day 20!

urbanhomesteader

Songster
14 Years
Feb 26, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
The wait is killing me.
barnie.gif
Will any hatch? How many? How many will live? How many will be roo's?
tongue.png
Gosh, one more day to go.
wee.gif

Mine are actually due on Easter. This morning I was thinking, "Wow! They must really be coming along!" And then as I counted, it (of course) has only been 4 days. Seems like it's been forever already... it's like waiting for your birthday to come when you were a kid. I'm so jealous you've only got one day left!!!

frow.gif

Its day 21 and right on schedule I have piping and chirping..
yippiechickie.gif

But it is going to be a long day. I noticed 3 eggs had piped this morning at 4am and now there are about 5 with pip's.
wee.gif

One is realy trying to get out. I see it pushing and pushing. I have to really fight the urge to chip away some of the shell to help it out........I know, I know......not a good idea.

I hope they hatch today. If I have to go to work tomarrow and none have hatched yet I will be a wreak.
he.gif

Also it seems to have a goopy thing attatched to it....the placenta or chick equivelant I assume? Will it fall off on its own? She is thrashing around trying to get her feet under her. Will that harm the others trying to hatch? Should I take her out and dry her myself........
barnie.gif
I thought I was ready for this...
th.gif

I had a couple hatch with a small part of the yolk unabsorbed, but as they thrashed around, it came off, nothing required on my part. I'd say leave it alone for awhile and see if that happens for you. Leave her in there to dry-if you try to take her out, she could get chilled and die right now. She'll be fine. I had quite a few in there with egg shells and they made out just fine.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom