Day 20!

Three chickies so far! The first one is doing great. They were all napping till I took this pic.
bluesurcoatdetails.jpg

lau.gif

I guess if you have never seen Maran eggs it would be a easy mistake to make at first glance. They are strikingly dark eggs.

Speaking of funny. The little ones are already making me laugh. They will be lerching around then they will all plop down for a rest. All at the same time.

Oh Zues I hate... I mean, I very much dislike you *jealous glaaaaare*

Mine are barely three days, and this'll be my first hatch
fl.gif

The suspence is driving me lolo!

It is ok, in fact recommended to leave the chicks in the incubator untill all hatch. If necessary you can quickly remove one or two after they are dry. They will not burn themselves on the heat element. It is not unusual to have a bit of unabsorbed yolk left but keep an eye on it, especially if any new hatches start to bother it. You can then remove it to a warm quiet place till the yolk is fully absorbed. You chicks will be fine for 24 hours in the incubator.

A quick update. Went to bed last night with 5 peeps.
I woke at 3am to 9 peeps mostly dry and fluffing up..
clap.gif

I deciced to move them into the brooder which is right next to the incubator. They were out and in within 2 seconds.

I went to work and came back at 7am to check them. All the peeps were fine in the brooder. Had a new hatch in the incubator (#10)and one working hard to get out.
yippiechickie.gif

Its 11:30 and I am home for lunch. Another peep in the incubator (#11).
wee.gif
and the last chick trying valiantly to hatch.
woot.gif

Hopefully by the time I get home from work at 2pm the last one will have hatched.
jumpy.gif

If this last one hatches I will have had 100% hatch rate.
ya.gif

Now all I need to know is-WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH 12 CHICKENS!?
th.gif
:he

It's just a Hova-Bator 1602N. Without a turner. I think the fact that I was able to pick up the eggs myself made a world of difference. No shipping trauma. Well time to get back to work. Thank goodness I work close enough to check on them every few hours. I would be a wreck if I had to leave them all day!

Back
Top Bottom