Day 20???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tabbykat4706, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Tabbykat4706

Tabbykat4706 New Egg

Sep 2, 2013
    This is my second attempt at incubating. My last batch was a huge success but they died within the first week. (it got extremely hot and humid in Missouri, and I went to the hospital and no one shut off the heat lamp... Very depressing) ANYWAY I have tried everything to get the humity up, creating more surface water adjusting the bulb closer.... Then farther sealing cracks where air can escape. And then humidity is still setting at 41. I don't want to disturb them to much. But I'm loosing my mind over if they are okay. I was adjusting there light again a minute ago and candled an egg without touching and then air sack looks like it has... Beg and drooping on one side... I haven't seen pictures of them ever do that... Please help?!

2. Tabbykat4706

Tabbykat4706 New Egg

Sep 2, 2013
    It has began drooping on one side sorry. Did I shrink wrap my babies!?

3. Lynnae4913

Lynnae4913 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    High Springs, Fl.
    Not sure what you mean by "drooping", but if it's what I THINK you mean, it is normal? Check out the candling pictures on this page and see if you see the drooping you are speaking of. There is a TON of awesome info on the page, including advice on getting the humidity up. Good luck!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

1 person likes this.
  4. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    Yep drooping is normal all my eggs looked like that and I hatched a perfect 15/15 on the weekend

1 person likes this.
  5. Tabbykat4706

Tabbykat4706 New Egg

Sep 2, 2013
    One side looked like a good air sack and as I turned it the air sack drastically swooped toward the middle of the egg. It's began hatching this morning I let out a sigh of relief. No noise not even pecking. Now I'm even more worried. It's fun to hatch eggs but hens don't worry this much goodness!

Thanks you both so much for your wonderful input!!

6. Lynnae4913

Lynnae4913 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2013
    High Springs, Fl.
    Awesome! Be sure to post pics of your babies so we can see!! Mine are on day 14 today. My first time. I understand the "worry". lol!

7. chickarooo

chickarooo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2013
    No worries and make sure u post pics of your little cuties

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by