Day 21 - Alive, but no internal pip

MatthewG63

Hatching
Jul 18, 2023
I’d put it down to temperature fluctuations but I had an egg that was placed next to it hatch late into day 20! So I’m a bit shocked to see its sibling is showing signs of life (I did a very quick candle) but no signs of an internal pip. What’s your suggestions please?

Temps are 37.5 with humidity at 63%

I’d put it down to temperature fluctuations but I had an egg that was placed next to it hatch late into day 20! So I’m a bit shocked to see its sibling is showing signs of life (I did a very quick candle) but no signs of an internal pip. What’s your suggestions please?

Temps are 37.5 with humidity at 63%
What type of bird is this? Assuming it's a chicken, the average hatch day is today. That is, if you have been counting correctly. The first 24 hours of incubation counts as day 0.
Chickens can hatch as late as day 25, so don't get too worried if there's no pips.

What type of bird is this? Assuming it's a chicken, the average hatch day is today. That is, if you have been counting correctly. The first 24 hours of incubation counts as day 0.
Chickens can hatch as late as day 25, so don't get too worried if there's no pips.
Thank you very much for getting back to me! They’re USA silkies :) I won’t candle for another 24 hours but happy to see it’s still currently alive. So shouldn’t be worrying yet, no?

Back
Top Bottom