Day 21 alive chick no air sac?

Mine wants to buy me one. After I said I don't want to hatch more chicks now. I got some special chickens recently, so I guess I'll hatch some eggs again *sigh*
smile.png

This story is amazing to me...I am new to chickens and you saving this chick is so awesome!

I'm hoping to get an incubator...but I am also hoping to just let the chickens hatch a few chicks themselves every once in a bit, but getting to that point is hard with only a few chickens. I also want to eat the eggs, and some of the chickens as well, but since I started this venture before spring time it is hard to find chickens in my area. People have roosters upon roosters, but I have hit my rooster quota through some ill advised chick purchase...Lol. Anyway I figure fastest and cheapest way to get more chicks is to just hatch the eggs the chickens sometimes lay...that way I can have a good sized flock come spring and summer, ya know....But jeez....to do that I need an incubator...to not need an incubator I need more chickens. Vicious cycle....

Last edited:
Incubate chicks once and you will be hooked, it's like crack lol. Your plan is to cull and eat some of the chickens anyways so when you get some roosters in your hatch then eat them and keep the hens:) I hatch my chicks in a cheap styrofoam incubator, they are pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom