Day 21 alive chick no air sac?

Congrats! Give him another day or so and he will be fine. Sometimes they just need a little extra help from a loving chick momma. :)

It got late here and I went to bed, so I didn't catch up 'till now. Can I have an update please?
pop.gif

That umbilical cord you mentioned. Sometimes it comes off before they leave the shell and sometimes it comes with. When that happens it's best to leave it to fall off by itself. If you fiddle with it you may hurt the chick's navel and cause it to bleed.

It was actually a little of the yolk sac that hadnt absorbed. It went down hill very fast last night and I actually thought about culling it. My husband said to leave it alone and he would get up early before me or the kids to dispose of it incase it passed. It made it through the night and is fluffy:) it still has an umbilical like thing attached to it and the shell but it is very dry looking. I haven't noticed it eating or drinking but it does move around its little box and is peeping a lot. Fingers crossed:)

The umbilical cord detached from the egg and he/she now has a little short string attached to its belly. It's belly is still opened a little where the cord is coming out. It's walking around a bit and ate some food from my hand.

Back
Top Bottom