Day 21 and no chicks :(

Ok, quick update...
We now have one beautiful little rooster running about in the incubator, and another egg pipping. The newbie keeps moving the eggs around though as he moves about, is that going to cause any issues do you think....
Sadly though, the chick that hatched a few days ago died not long after we got home. I was cleaning out the brooder box and she was barely alive under the heat source. Im not sure what happened there, she seemed very well this morning when we left. Could she have hatched prematurely :(

And we have another girl!! and two more pipping very slowly. 15 eggs still to make any moves
This incubator is still struggling to stay at 30% humidity though and I dont know how to get it higher.. Poor chicks are really struggling it seems :/

yes we now have 5 chicks in total. 3 roosters and two hens... Vey happy that it hasnt been a total loss, although its still hard to see so many eggs not showing any signs of hatching. I will still give them another couple of days though, just to be sure. This humidity thing has really got to me!! Why wont it increase and stay where it should be!! Grrr!

yes we now have 5 chicks in total. 3 roosters and two hens... Vey happy that it hasnt been a total loss, although its still hard to see so many eggs not showing any signs of hatching. I will still give them another couple of days though, just to be sure. This humidity thing has really got to me!! Why wont it increase and stay where it should be!! Grrr!
Congrats on the 5. It is hard. I had 15 on my first attempt that had to be tossed and it was hard.

Back
Top Bottom