Day 21 and no 'pipping' yet...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by critters, Oct 27, 2011.

1. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

new to incubating chicken eggs however I have incubated duck and guinea eggs...

I know I have to wait and hope all goes well but I need to know if anything is different??
    on day 18 I could see shadowy movement then they went into lockdown...
    have not noticed any movement or pipping as yet...it is now close to 2:30pm on day 21...

anything?? [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. oldorchardfarms

oldorchardfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2011
    woodstock
    were on day 21 too, we hear alot of noise but nothing comeing out yet, this is my first time so keep me updated on how yours are coming along![​IMG]

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Its my first to im on day 19 and i don't hear anything. [​IMG] hope yours hatch. [​IMG]

4. MamaMarcy

MamaMarcy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Snohomish, WA
    I just hatched my first chicken egg yesterday...heard peeping on day 22 and she finally hatched at day 23 early morning. So, don't give up hope. I guess incubtor temperature and humidity variations can affect hatch times.

5. critters

critters Chillin' With My Peeps

I am not hearin a thing so I am overly concerned that the chicks have died...
    know they could be taking a break, as I have been out alot this morning but still am concerned [​IMG]

6. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    If the thermometer was off and the temperature was on the cool side, it can take the chicks an extra day or two to hatch. I was on day 23 and was going to pitch the three eggs I had left in the incubator. I picked one of the eggs up and I heard peeping. What a surprise. It had pipped on the bottom side of the shell where I couldn't see it. I did help it hatch and now it is doing great. Keep the faith...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by