Day 21 and still no hatching What do I do?

Madiwashere

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2023
It’s day 21 since I’ve had them in the incubator and they got to 110° but I was told that it was a short time and it would be ok since it takes longer than that to heat the inside. So I’ve had trouble candling these coturnix quail eggs and in half of them under several lights I can’t see anything. I can’t see movement and I can’t see inside in general I was told if they don’t hatch or pip today to do safety hole but since I can’t see no matter what flashlight I use I don’t know when the air sac is. What can I do and how long should I keep them in the incubator before I give up?

It’s day 21 since I’ve had them in the incubator and they got to 110° but I was told that it was a short time and it would be ok since it takes longer than that to heat the inside. So I’ve had trouble candling these coturnix quail eggs and in half of them under several lights I can’t see anything. I can’t see movement and I can’t see inside in general I was told if they don’t hatch or pip today to do safety hole but since I can’t see no matter what flashlight I use I don’t know when the air sac is. What can I do and how long should I keep them in the incubator before I give up?
After 21 days I would say your eggs are not going to hatch but you could let them go another day or so to be sure if you can't tell by candling. My coturnix eggs usually hatch at 16 1/2 to 17 days incubating at 100 degrees. Quail eggs usually run from 16 to 19 days.

Quails eggs have really no chance at all if they don't hatch by day 23. They will usually hatch between 16-19 days, but temps can affect the outcome

Back
Top Bottom