day 21 no pips

21 days is only a guideline, sometimes it can be as low as 19 or as high as 24-25. Be patient, I'm sure your eggs will hatch
smile.png
jumpy.gif

so i got a pip and he zipped about the same as the other chick that half way zipped and died in the shell but this one is just sitting there so i turn on the light that is above the incubator and he starts moving a lot and chirping but when i turn it off he stops what should i do is that good.... how long does it take a chick to fully come out of the egg?

I've heard that they like noise! My husband has to have the TV blaring everytime he watches it or is playing video games and my hatcher is right near the TV.....they always seem to start hatching when he turns it on! lol Try putting a radio or something that makes noise near them....

I wouldn't leave the light on though....could interfere with them resting, it takes alot of strength to get out of those shells so they will take frequent breaks! I've had some that have pipped and taken 24 hours to be completely out of the shell!

Back
Top Bottom