I candled my eggs on day 18 before I upped the humidity to around 60% and all four of them were kicking around in the eggs. At 8:00 tonight, they will complete 21 days of incubation. I keep reading about "wiggling" and "pipping" and "cheeping".... I'm not seeing any of that. Also, on day 18, I put in a few sponges to help with the humidity. I had a bag of new sponges on the counter and I asked my son (5 yrs) to wet them with warm water. He brought me sponges - but not the new ones. He brought me the ones that were in the sink, ready to be thrown away. I didn't realize it at the time, but the next day when I was checking on the eggs I noticed a foul smell comming from the vent. The sponges were nasty gross and the incubator stunk. I quickly (day 19) removed the eggs/sponges and put them back in there and got the humidity right. In the minute and 1/2 - 2 minutes that they were out of the 'bator, my 3 year old grabbed two of them with traces of chocolate on her fingers. I didn't notice it to even try to wipe it off until the next day (20). I was trying not to hover since I didn't wnat to be tempeted to open the bator. I didn't wipe them off, I didn't want to stress them more than I already have been... and then I started thinking about the toxins/sugar that is in the chocolate and it passing through the egg. It is not a lot, but it is there. Now... here we are on day 21 and nothing. Could stinky sponges, chocolate, or just having to take them out of the bator for 2 minutes kill them? As I'm typing this, I'm thinking the answer is yes.