Day 21-STILL No Pips! Maybe some movement?***PICTURES INCLUDED!!!***

That's another problem. The hens are not broody right now and they aren't old enough. Two of them are, but they aren't sitting now. And it's waay more exciting to hatch one out myself. Feels like a am a hen...I really very protective of the bator. I flipped out when my brother opened it one day to check the egg! LOL
pop.gif

Well, I guess i will have to TRY and be patient... But it will be a challenge!
th.gif

Wish em and the egg luck! Check for my post again tomorrow when I post about day 22 if you want.
smile.png
Who knows, maybe i will post about how I found a cute little fuzzie in my bator in the morning and I will post pics.
fl.gif
That would be great, wouldn't it?!
ya.gif

Please pray for the egg that it hatches and is a healthy lil fuzzie ball. Thanks for all your encouragement!
hugs.gif

P.S. don't be surprised if I don't give up on the egg easily. But also don't be surprised if I start freaking out and getting nervous!(It's actually kinda too late for that!)
gig.gif

I've been following your posts through this hatch and was thinking today should be the day for you. Just want to wish you and your egg good luck! Be patient and if it should happen not to work out just think of all you have learned for your next hatch! All is not lost.

Honestly I opened my bator after each baby hatched and out of 21 eggs, I've only had one die.

My 21st egg is still in waiting to hatch. It's also on day 22, lol.

Don't stress it too much.

Quote:
Has yours pipped yet? Thanks for all the good stories! All these "happy endings" are making me more hopeful, even sometimes when I go and look into the bator and see the egg sitting there, with no pips, I still think "well, probably in a couple more days I will be looking through this same window and seeing a cute little fuzzy chick there to greet me! I'm just being impatient, that's all."
clap.gif

Quote:
I wouldn't worry too much about opening the bator. I only have one bator, and it is used as a hatcher as well. On top of that I have staggered hatches in it (gonna get it for that). Because of all this, I can't leave the babies in the bator for long after they hatch. I still have almost 90% hatch rate. Out of 2 sets, have only had one egg each not hatch.

Good luck!! I'm so excited for you!! we have to wait till spring becuse of the temps dropping so quickly at night! i would love babies right now! I'm kinda jealous!
fl.gif
:fl:fl

LOL this is my first hatch and it will probably be the last one before spring(sadly)
tongue.png
I want to keep hatching dozens and dozens of lil fuzzies.
gig.gif
Boy, when i heard that this would become addicting, I thought I was prepared! I guess not!
lau.gif

omelette'smom :

Good luck!! I'm so excited for you!! we have to wait till spring becuse of the temps dropping so quickly at night! i would love babies right now! I'm kinda jealous!
fl.gif
:fl:fl

Thanks! i need all the luck I can get!
fl.gif

****UPDATE****

I think I MAY have seen the egg trembling a tiny tiny bit!
ep.gif
It may just be my imagination playing tricks on me again....
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom