Day 21 temp question!


In the Brooder
8 Years
May 20, 2011
I have the humidity at 79%, but the temp dropped the yesterday to 98 and I am wondering how much that is going to affect the hatch. Any advice? Should I expect a late hatch? It is at 98.6 right now and no matter what I do, I can not seem to get it to go higher. I don't want to open up the bator. How long should I wait before I should worry in regards to pipping? I really don't want to wait so long that I end up with exploded eggs in the case of them dying with my knowing, but I have heard of pipping happening as late as Day 24. Any advice?
what was your temperature durin incubation?

if it also was low that much they could take up to 25 days
if your tem was just right@100 during incubation and just now dropped at lockdown it should be that much late a day or 2 at max. just keep waitting and try to get the tem right at 100 right now..
It was between 99.5 and 100.5. It varied a little due to turning and candling until lockdown and then it was 100.4-100.6 until yesterday. Not sure what changed, maybe the bulb is going bad or something.
Last edited:
Just before lockdown at the beginning of day 18. (Just after 6 pm on Friday night) They were very alive and active.
Last edited:

New posts New threads Active threads

Top Bottom