day 21- update at 6:30 pm

Hi Seminole, I had my hatch yesterday. I used a silkie hen-bator . I may have more hatch today. I think I put a few eggs under her on the day before Thanksgiving and then a few more on Thanksgiving morning. One of the chicks took about 24 hours. It was free and dry this morning. I know I probably shouldn't have done this but since the first three came so quick, I couldn't resist holding that pipped egg for a few secs to see if I could determine if the chick was alive. It felt like a little vibrator on my palm. I put it back under the hen asap. The hole was big enough around midnight last night to see movement. The other eggs were not pipped this morning so I'm wondering if they were any good to start with. I'll check after work. I never candled these eggs. Sally(my silkie hen) did a wonderful job. I have 4 out of 8 if no more hatch. Polish and silkies are sooooo cute as chicks. My chicks are just mixed breed. -Lynn

Congrats!!!! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

I am on day 19 with Silkies that spent 5 days in the PO in freezing weather. Hope I get a good hatch like yours!!!!

Whoooo! HHOOOOO!!!

Quote:
100_1419.jpg

Last edited:
Great hatch, I think. Out of 9 growing eggs, I got 8 chicks! I got 6 buff lace polish, and 2 white crested black. One egg is doing nothing, I candled it, it looks mature, no movement, no peep, no audible heart beat. I'll leave it in the bator for now, but I don't think there's anything.
After candling on day 16, there were 2 eggs I put a question mark on. They both hatched!
All the babes were clean, eggs clean, no yolk no blood. Hopefully I can get the pics on tonight.
Pinenot, good luck. Did you candle?-since they had a rough ride with the PO?
Lynn, I had to think a minute when you said silkie hen bator, LOL. What kind of mixed breeds do you have? I love the mixes, you never know what's going to come out of those eggs.
Karen

Back
Top Bottom