Day 21 update - now w/pix of Speckledhens "grandchickens"

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Yard full o' rocks, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Well, one mixed Welsummer/BR and one BBS orp are hatched....all from Speckledhens stock. The Welsummer chick is HUGE. The BBS baby is from Dusty and Suede (if you know Speckledhens flock) and I think it is blue [​IMG] and I have one of Smokys eggs pipped this morning. 4 of the EE/BR eggs are pipped, but moving sooooo slowly. I need to move my office from above the garage down to the basement today. DW says I'm acting like a little kid.....oh well. Will post some pix once I have more hatch. Thanks to Cyn for all her help.....she helps me via email SEVERAL times daily. She has been such a blessing and is soooo patient with my newbie questions and ALWAYS willing to help. I couldn't do without her. I can't say THANKS enough. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. 1lpoock

1lpoock Spruce Creek Waterfowl

Apr 20, 2009
    Sandusky, Ohio
    Can't wait to see the pictures!

3. Ok...I'm gonna try to attach pix now

[​IMG]

This one has what I hope is a Blue Orp in the back, a Welsummer/BR mix in the center of the 'bator

[​IMG]

This is one of the Barred EEs trying to get out

[​IMG]

Almost out

[​IMG]

He made it!!!!

4. cassey40

cassey40 Songster

Jun 5, 2009
    beaufort, sc
    they are really cute

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Crowing

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Congratulations and very cute! But what I want to know is.....

Did you get your office moved yet? [​IMG]

6. Quote:No....not yet. DW says I need the exercise anyway and my wireless internet connection doenst work so well in the basement. So....I guess I'm stuck above the garage and have to go up/down 2 flights of stairs to check. Reminds me of "running bleachers" when I was in High School....uggghh. [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude

Sounds like things are progressing just fine! Can't wait to see them all fluffed out. And you're welcome, Scott. It's a pleasure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: