Day 21 update - now w/pix of Speckledhens "grandchickens"

Yard full o' rocks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Cartersville, Georgia
Well, one mixed Welsummer/BR and one BBS orp are hatched....all from Speckledhens stock. The Welsummer chick is HUGE. The BBS baby is from Dusty and Suede (if you know Speckledhens flock) and I think it is blue
and I have one of Smokys eggs pipped this morning. 4 of the EE/BR eggs are pipped, but moving sooooo slowly. I need to move my office from above the garage down to the basement today. DW says I'm acting like a little kid.....oh well. Will post some pix once I have more hatch. Thanks to Cyn for all her help.....she helps me via email SEVERAL times daily. She has been such a blessing and is soooo patient with my newbie questions and ALWAYS willing to help. I couldn't do without her. I can't say THANKS enough.

Last edited:

Yard full o' rocks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Cartersville, Georgia
Ok...I'm gonna try to attach pix now

This one has what I hope is a Blue Orp in the back, a Welsummer/BR mix in the center of the 'bator

This is one of the Barred EEs trying to get out

Almost out

He made it!!!!

Yard full o' rocks

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
Cartersville, Georgia
Quote:No....not yet. DW says I need the exercise anyway and my wireless internet connection doenst work so well in the basement. So....I guess I'm stuck above the garage and have to go up/down 2 flights of stairs to check. Reminds me of "running bleachers" when I was in High School....uggghh.

Top Bottom