Day 21 :(

Deb, one of my incubators is a still - air and it's been great! It holds a nice even temperature. I am really keeping my fingers crossed for you this time! I have met some really sweet breeders if you need more eggs. One girl is moving and is trying desperately to find someone to take eggs. If you need more, let me know, Julie
smile.png

ok, so I turned the heat up in the new bator....this is an older one, I am guessing....its galvanised steel...round...like a drum. The guy I bought it off of is a really nice guy, I have known for a few years now, he sold me my first chickens. He gave me 2 new wafers, still in the box...and he put a new on on it. It seems to hold the temp really well. Here is a pic of the bator...Its a Brower 846. No turner, or fan. He also gave me a book...A Guide to better Hatching. By Janet Stromberg. Very informative. Hopeing this one works....

newbator.jpg

insideNewbator.jpg

Anyone have one of these oldies? Not sure how old it is...but the paperwork that came with it, says copyright 1996.

fl.gif
I hope this one works

ok...now 5 days past the initial "due date"
barnie.gif
Ohhh, im sooo bummed....these past due, are in a home made bator. One of the little eggies was moveing on day 19...but nothing since...I cant stand it!!
he.gif
Should I waite longer?? Temp is staying between 99 and 102...and humidity is between 70 and 72..I havent touched them since day 19...other than to try the water floating test...they float. So...now what? How much longer do I waite??
fl.gif
Still hopeing!

Deb, I'm not going to be the best help you can find, but what I did is re-candle. I remember when I had live chicks way back when, I would actually see them move when the bright light shone on them. I re-candled to look for movment. Then what I found was floating stuff, which was the clue that there really wasn't a chick inside. I used a brighter light than I had before - which, uh, helped too.javascript:insert_text('
hu.gif
',%20'');
I would suggest that you mark the up side so that you put them back in the way they came out. For me too, by this time my humidity had started to drop, so I had to open anyway.
Good luck!

ok, I tried the candleing thing.....everythin in there looks dark...except the iar pocket..I didnt see any movement...it was too dark in there...and I didnt want to keep it out too long. I put them back, just as they were...UGH!! I just know, if I crack them open, there will be a live chick in there, and I will kill it! Dont know if I will ever try this again...well...after the 27 in my new bator hatch...or not.

Back
Top Bottom