Day 22\23 for some.t

fobpatdgurl18

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 11, 2011
North Wilkesboro
Today is the 22nd day and 23rd day for some eggs I've been incubating and I haven't gotten anything so far. No peeps, pips, haven't seen any movement. Should I be concerned? One thing that has me worried is this is my first attempt at incubating and I have my eggs in an egg carton. People say that helps their hatch rates. Should I remove them and lay them on their sides? Any help would be appreciated!

Randhawa chickens

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
Australia
HI
It depends on any other elements in the bator were they corect did everything happen normally,
and if it day 22/23 it is a good idea to take the eggs out of the carton as this may give the chicks some difficulty.

PS: Did you candle them half way through to see if anything was developing:D

GOOD LUCK

fobpatdgurl18

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 11, 2011
North Wilkesboro
I candled several times and even before lockdown and I saw movement and growth every time. That's why I am worried. Everything was going great. I think today I will take them out and water test them and lay them on there sides. I was just worried about it confusing them and making it difficult for them to figure out which way to pip. Thank you for helping!

fobpatdgurl18

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 11, 2011
North Wilkesboro
Well I did the water test and none of them sank. Some was moving enough to notice and others was bobbing. So I guess there just gonna hatch late? Should/could I do anything to help in this process? I left them in the egg carton. Should I take them out?

fobpatdgurl18

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 11, 2011
North Wilkesboro
I candled them because I'm so nervous and only 3 out of ten I saw movement. One chick looks like its beak is in the air sac. Kinda looks like it's gasping. Should I start a hole there to ensure air flow or leave it? Someone please help me out and tell me the best solution.

Top Bottom