Day 22/23 too late to hatch?!

brittybart

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2017
Los Angeles CA
Hi everyone!

I'm new to BYC and new to hatching and could use some advice!

I put 3 Olive Eggers in my Brinsea Mini 22 days ago. One piped last night and hatched this morning (YAYAYAYAYAY). The other two haven't done a thing. What should I do? How long should I give them? They were shipped eggs so I realize one out of three is pretty good but I don't want to over think it and miss an opportunity!!

Pictures of our new hatch for cuteness!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

I'm new to BYC and new to hatching and could use some advice!

I put 3 Olive Eggers in my Brinsea Mini 22 days ago. One piped last night and hatched this morning (YAYAYAYAYAY). The other two haven't done a thing. What should I do? How long should I give them? They were shipped eggs so I realize one out of three is pretty good but I don't want to over think it and miss an opportunity!!

Pictures of our new hatch for cuteness!

If you put them in 22 days ago, today would be day 21 so there's still chance. Your hatcher looks nice and fluffy, you could put him in the brooder and candle the others to get an idea if there is any life. More than 24 hours after the hatcher I wouldn't hold out too much hope, but day 22-24 is still possible for hatchers.

Have you candled them to see if they even developed? I've seen chicken eggs hatch as late as on the 25th day.

If you put them in 22 days ago, today would be day 21 so there's still chance. Your hatcher looks nice and fluffy, you could put him in the brooder and candle the others to get an idea if there is any life. More than 24 hours after the hatcher I wouldn't hold out too much hope, but day 22-24 is still possible for hatchers.

I just moved the little one. That sounds reasonable. I just don't want it lonely. :(

Have you candled them to see if they even developed? I've seen chicken eggs hatch as late as on the 25th day.

After I moved the little one I candled the other two and can't really tell (not very confident in my candling) they look VERY liquidy when I candle them. But do have a dark end.

After I moved the little one I candled the other two and can't really tell (not very confident in my candling) they look VERY liquidy when I candle them. But do have a dark end.

They don't look good, it helps to see better if you candle from the air cell end, but the fact that that much light is passing through says to me they didn't fully develop if they started.

Back
Top Bottom