day 22 and i ahev no chicks.

chickomatic

Hatching
May 9, 2015
I kept the incubator in the house and the tempeture has been constant from the start with humidity around 55-60 percent which was in the instructions, now just wondering why there are no chicks, i did candle two this morning there is no movement or anything, i am just curious as to how long this will take?

What's the temp in your incubator? Did you calibrate your thermometers and hygrometers before you started?

Also, 50-60% humidity is quite high for the first 18 days of incubation. I'm guessing, at the very least, your eggs didn't loose enough moisture (air cells didn't grow big enough) for the chicks to hatch.

What's the temp in your incubator? Did you calibrate your thermometers and hygrometers before you started?

Also, 50-60% humidity is quite high for the first 18 days of incubation. I'm guessing, at the very least, your eggs didn't loose enough moisture (air cells didn't grow big enough) for the chicks to hatch.

Yes my uncle helped me calibrate it all. And the temp has been a constant 99.5 degrees.
according to the instrunctions with the incubator and the autoturner that it was supposed to be that high on humidity, also on the 7th day fertility check and 1 day check the eggs looked good no light passed through them...the air sack in the large portion of the egg was visible then...they are amuricana eggs would this make a difference?

xs 2 50-60% during the first 17 days is a death sentence in my opinion, especially in the stryofoam bators. I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate those manuals, they mislead many many people with their directions. Most people find that a low humidity incubation method or "dry incubation" works the best especially in the styro bators. I myself prefer 30-35% and anything over 45% makes me nervous. There is a link in my signature at the bottom of my post that explains humidity control better than any incubator manual ever will.

Another thing with those manuals is they quote a temp of 99.5 for all bators when the actual recommended temps for still air is 101-102F taken near the tops of the egg.

Thank you, it is day 23, I read not to worry till about day 26, I am giving it a few more days if I still have no chicks I ill just start over with lower humidity and higher temp rather than 99.5..thank you.

Back
Top Bottom