day 22 and no action yet

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by alcina_dreamer, Jun 7, 2010.

1. alcina_dreamer

alcina_dreamer Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2010
    georgia
    nothings happening not a wiggle not a peep not a pip just nothing [​IMG] I kept the temp stable I made sure humidity was rite and I'm wondering if nothing is going to hatch [​IMG]

2. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Did you candle along the way? Mine are on day 20...I have heard a couple peeps but no pips yet [​IMG]

3. alcina_dreamer

May 11, 2010
    georgia
    yes I candled and got rid of the bad ones. all seven chicken eggs were good when they went in to lock down. hope your eggs start doing something for you soon [​IMG]

4. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Me too...can't believe how frustrating it is [​IMG] I wanted to see something before I go to work tonight!

5. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    I too am at day 22 with nothing as of when I went to work this morning. Hopefully something there when I get home. Well actually this is not my hatch but hatching for someone else.. ok more stress. lol I even double checked to make sure I counted the days right. I candled last night and could see movement in some and too dark to tell in others so still hoping.

6. alcina_dreamer

May 11, 2010
    georgia
    hope you guys have better luck then me. I still dont have anything [​IMG]

7. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Ohhh....just keep up hope! [​IMG] I finally have 1pip! [​IMG]

8. dieselgrl48

dieselgrl48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Virginia
    My last 2 egg's I had in didnt hatch until day 23.I think the grandbaby messed with the bator a tad so they were a bit late hatching.The last one got stuckup a bit and had a foot sticking out all day.I finaly helped it out some.Hope they hatch for ya Update us on them.

9. Winsor Woods

Winsor Woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Cascade Range in WA
    I feel for you. I had a clutch under a broody hen that I let go until 25 days. Nothing happened. I had candled and seen movement, etc. Things just didn't work out. I had to take the eggs away and throw them out. My hen was devastated. I ended up having to dunk her in ice water to cure her of broodiness. Since then, I have another hen that went broody so she's now sitting on eggs. I've got my fingers crossed! Good luck.

Dan

10. alcina_dreamer

May 11, 2010
    georgia
    [​IMG] nothing still ...just my luck [​IMG] I think I should have just got the chickens instead of eggs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by