Day 22, movement stopped

Ilsie

Hatching
May 30, 2020
Yesterday (day 21) morning I could hear the egg under my broody hen, chirp and pecking in the egg. Last night and today I hear and feel nothing........is it dead? I read that the chick will take lots of breaks but think that is usually after they start to come out....

Can anyone help with this?
You could candle them to see if there is any movement inside. But I would just leave mama alone to do her thing. Sometimes I am sorry I interfered and other times I’m glad.

If they are already dead, there is nothing you can do about it. If you interfere, there is a chance you could kill whatever is still going

You could candle them to see if there is any movement inside. But I would just leave mama alone to do her thing. Sometimes I am sorry I interfered and other times I’m glad.

If they are already dead, there is nothing you can do about it. If you interfere, there is a chance you could kill whatever is still going

I haven't heard anything since yesterday. Not sure it is sleeping at this point. Fingers crossed something starts soon :(

Back
Top Bottom