Day 22, movement stopped

Ilsie

Hatching
May 30, 2020
Yesterday (day 21) morning I could hear the egg under my broody hen, chirp and pecking in the egg. Last night and today I hear and feel nothing........is it dead? I read that the chick will take lots of breaks but think that is usually after they start to come out....

Finnie

Crowing
6 Years
Oct 27, 2014
Indianapolis
Can anyone help with this?
You could candle them to see if there is any movement inside. But I would just leave mama alone to do her thing. Sometimes I am sorry I interfered and other times I’m glad.

If they are already dead, there is nothing you can do about it. If you interfere, there is a chance you could kill whatever is still going

Ilsie

Hatching
May 30, 2020
You could candle them to see if there is any movement inside. But I would just leave mama alone to do her thing. Sometimes I am sorry I interfered and other times I’m glad.

If they are already dead, there is nothing you can do about it. If you interfere, there is a chance you could kill whatever is still going

Ilsie

Hatching
May 30, 2020
I haven't heard anything since yesterday. Not sure it is sleeping at this point. Fingers crossed something starts soon :(

Top Bottom