**DAY 22 - pics p 4 & 5 & hatching video p 5**

Sooo sweet! I'm sure it will get out fine. Keep an eye on it, but they know what they are doing
wink.png
good luck with the rest of them!

Thanks - I did end up helping it. Seemed so weak and it was just laying there. Good thing I did because the membrane was still pretty tight around the wings. All is well and #3 isn't too far behind!!

Glad you go it out! Always follow your instincts! Way to go!! How many more are you expecting today?

Yep - I feel better now
smile.png
Two are out, two are on their way, and there are a bunch more pips. Have 39 more to go (total of 41 eggs in there).

I have since learned that 41 eggs is waaay too many. Poor little things don't have enough room! I don't like to do it, but I keep moving everyone around as needed. Each time one gets ready, the humidity jumps to 73-74% so when I don't worry too much about opening it. Have plastic around it which is definitely helping to slow the humidity loss.

The first one out already had a little to eat and is doing well. #2 is still in there drying off. Here's some pics:

DSC03368.jpg

DSC03380a.jpg

DSC03381.jpg

DSC03374.jpg

Oh they are sooo cute! I am on day 8 of my first hatch. I have 24 eggs in there with at least 2 that I'm sure are clears, so we will see! I hope I get to have babies like you soon. We shall see. There are some bad stories on here of people not having babies until their 3rd or 4th hatch. Keep us posted on the babies!

Quote:
Thanks so much! I hope so too. I have been trying to candle, but am having trouble since I have blue eggs that were shipped, and brown eggs from my own flock. I am hoping when I get past day 10 or 12, I will be able to tell what is what! Anyway, congrats on your hatch. How many do you have now? Please keep the pics updated. It is so encouraging to see them!

As of right this minute - THREE!!!! And I caught #3 on video as it was hatching!!! Egads, I think it's Birdzilla!!!

DSC03397.jpg

And #1 all dry and fluffy. I'm a horrible photographer...

DSC03390.jpg

Have at least 15 more pipped. Every time I look there's another one!!

Back
Top Bottom