day 22 wtf?

ninabl

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 3, 2010
franklin ky
im using a home made incubator i thought everything was steady but had some fluctuation in temp and the humidity was low untill about the 12th day. there is still movement in the egg and i can still see the veins at the top near the air pocket. the egg is a rhode island red. i put it in the incubator on 5-20-11 so today is day 22. i have a rir-sildie due to hatch tomorrow and 6 more on sunday. just wondering if i should knock a hole in the egg on day 22 or how long i should let it go.

Hi,

I am sorry but I am new to this and having trouble getting the humidity right in my incubator for my turkey eggs. Can I ask you what your homemade incubator consists of and see any pics. I may have to go down that road.

Freda.

cAN U tell me how to post pics? lol i made it out of a old wood cabnet . my heat sorce is 2 lightbulbs. i have a glass jar full of water sitting about a inch from one of the lightbulbs and that brought the humidity up to about 50% then i took a gallon jug and cut the top off and filled it with water. the closer i set it to the other light bulb the higher the humidit and if it gets to high i just back it away a little. the heat from the lightbulb heats the water causing it to evaporat and this brings the humidity up.

Go to Uploads at the top of this page, then click on choose, then find the photo in your computer (like when you choose an attachment for an email). Check the box that says to resize it. Click select.

Then once it's uploaded, copy the text in the second box below the photo then paste into your post onto the forum, write the rest of your post and when you press submit it will bring up the picture.

Hope this helps

Can I ask what temperature your water is too.

71119_5.jpg

71119_6.jpg

71119_3.jpg

71119_4.jpg

sorry about the bad quality pics. (cheap cell phone) to the left of the eggs is my thermostat. the red knob on the outside of the cabnet controls the temp. the light bulb on the right is a 40 watt and stays on all the time. the one on the left is powered from the thermostat and is a 100 watt. the styraphome egg carton under the lightbulb on the left has water in it that is heated by the light. i took it out and put in a half a gallon jug with water but the styraphone carton top worked better. currently the temp of the water is 98 deg.

Back
Top Bottom