Day 22

sheena85

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Hart County,Kentucky
I am on day 22 now and still nothing....at the end of day 17 i candled my egg and there was movement and a lot of it ! i have not touched it since that night and now like i said at the top i am on day 22...my husband and i at different time's this morning thought we saw the egg moving but it was pretty early lol so we are not real sure if we were seeing thing'd or not lol..
so question is....do i leave it for a few more days or what ? how long can they actually stay in there if they are still alive ? after what day do i give up and break it open ? i only have 1 our of 4 eggs that did well up until now.....Please help me :(

yea some are slower to break out. especially if your temp was lower then it will take longer for them to hatch. Ive had ones hatch on day 18 and others hatch on day 24.

When i hatched my eggs, they actually diddnt hatch until day like 26 or 27.
i think it was because of my tempeture and humidity.
For hatching, i like my humidity to be around 75ish, try raising the humidity
smile.png

also, in the future, i know for sure(well for me atleast) that if you have a fan in there, its a ton easier!!

Good luck with your hatch!!
jumpy.gif

humidity at 60% is fine, people lock down from 55% up to about 70%. I go with around 65%. Are you doing the dry hatch?

You probably did see one moving that's a good sign it also preceeds piping. Try shining a bright light in there like a flash light. Then make cheeping sounds. They hold really still, look and listen. Often times mine with rock a little or cheep a little with this action. Makes me feel better cause I know they are still alive in there. Then go fine a series on Netflicks that you have never watched you need something with at least 2 free seasons cause you are going to have trouble sleeping for the next day or two until they all decide to make an appearance.

Just remember why they call it lock down. Don't touch that bator. LOL.

i went down this morning and it had peeped and it was dead....i think it may have had something wrong with it because it was kinda small and it did not have it's wing's..just little knob's there...i guess everything happen's for a reason....but i was very heart broken :(
I do have a pic of it to show you guys but i did not know if you wanted to see it or not but if it want bother you then i will post it and you can tell me maybe if there was something wrong with it....oh and it had peeped a little whole and it's entire head was out....the egg all the way around was untouched no line starting or anything...just a whole....is that normal ?

Back
Top Bottom