day 23 and 3 chick eggs have a crack in them

We now have 5!!! 2 more are pipping and all are very cute. We have dark brownish colored chicks and yellow chicks.
How long do we leave the other eggs in the incubator can it be a few more days to see if any others hatch?

wee.gif
Yeah! Yes you can give the other eggs a few more days if you want.

we missed the first one actually come out but saw him working hard and then right after he came out.. of course it was during recess!!!
We had an audience in my classroom until 6 pm watching 2 eggs, I came back after dinner at 7 and the cleaning people were in here wacthing.. and they had just come out a minute apart.. now we have 2 more coming out.
the class is now all watching the 2 other eggs. it is hard for them to all see..
I have the brooder light on. We also put a thermometer in there. What should it be in there? We opened the incubator to add more water this morning for the humidity... which is now back to 65% when can we open it again to take the chicks that are dry and fluffy out?

Just curious. What day was the latest that you had any chicks hatch from your Octagon. I am on day 23 and 11 hatched out on Monday and Tuesday. I am now on Wed with 11 more just sitting there no pips or anything:jumpy

so we had the first 5 hatch on day 23 and then the next 3 on day 24, we had 2 more eggs that started to pip on day 26 but neither made it out on their own, we helped them both and the both died with in 3 days after they hatched. So we have a total of 8 chicks out os 19 eggs and they all had hatched by day 25

Back
Top Bottom