day 23 and I've had cherping!

stout517

In the Brooder
May 1, 2015
Well i havent killed them just yet! Started hesring cherping last night, but nothing else so far this morning. Haven't seen any pips yet, the eggs are in cartons. Should i check and make sure they're not pipping through the bottom? Not sure what to do, if just one would make it id be tickled to death!

If your humidity is up to 65% and your concerned go ahead and quickly lay them on their side. But people do hatch in egg cartons. I use to but have opted to lay on sides anymore. Personal preference is all and don't believe one way or other has advantage. Just make sure they are fat end up if in cartons.

Being a few days late keep note that your temp was a bit low. Make a note on piece of masking tape and stick it to incubator. I'd run the temp a full degree F higher next round.

Last edited:
No more chirping this morning could they be resting before pipping or has something happened? Humidity has been between 63-70% and temp between 99-101

Normally it's best to take them out of cartons on day 18 so when they hatch they don't get stuck in the carton and twist the wrong way and die ...but back to the question...my chicks stop chirping for a little bit and then go back to it...and then pip on the side.... but I would take them out of the carton so they can push the egg shell out from around them ...hope I helped
1f603.png
also it can take up to day 30 for them to hatch out of the egg so don't worry right now ..
1f603.png
1f603.png

Last edited:
Normally it's best to take them out of cartons on day 18 so when they hatch they don't get stuck in the carton and twist the wrong way and die ...but back to the question...my chicks stop chirping for a little bit and then go back to it...and then pip on the side.... but I would take them out of the carton so they can push the egg shell out from around them ...hope I helped
1f603.png
also it can take up to day 30 for them to hatch out of the egg so don't worry right now ..
1f603.png
1f603.png

The main reasons I used the cartons was easier turning them and I thought it would be better when they hatched so no chicks would roll around the unhatched eggs. Is it safe to move them out of the cartons now on day 23? Wait a minute day 30?? Everything else I've read has said it's pretty much a lost cause after day 25-26. I'm a rookie so bare with me lol

I am confused! If these are chicken eggs and they have been incubated at 100 degrees they should hatch on or just after 21 days. Anything after that and there I'd definitely something wrong. 30 days, I don't think so! Sorry

I am confused! If these are chicken eggs and they have been incubated at 100 degrees they should hatch on or just after 21 days. Anything after that and there I'd definitely something wrong. 30 days, I don't think so! Sorry

Chicken eggs incubate for At least 21 days at 99-102 degrees fareigheight and hatch from 21-30 days (stop turning on day 18)I've hatched tons of chicks and I have lots of chicks that hatch on day 24-28 ..by the way day 24-28 is when most of my chicks hatch ...I would give them a little more time if its only day 23 ...hoped this helped
1f603.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom