Day 23 and NOTHING!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peej, Jun 3, 2011.

1. peej

peej Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Its day 23 and there is one egg that has been pecked from the inside out a little bit. This happened on day 22, but nothing has changed since then! Any tips or comments is greatly appreciated! All other eggs have had nothing happen to them [​IMG]

Thanks for any help!

2. colebarnhart

colebarnhart Chillin' With My Peeps

If you have them in a Little Giant bator, I wouldn't get your expectations up very high [​IMG]

3. peej

peej Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Yeah I do, what incubator does everyone use that yields higher results?

4. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    One person on here posted that they have had eggs hatch as late as day 30. Don't let the little giant naysayers get you down. I am using one and it is working just fine. There are a group of Little Giant Bashers on here that love posting things about how bad Little Giants are because they can't get good hatches from them. They don't take into account that there are quite a few people on here who get perfectly good hatches from their Little Giants they just base it on their own personal experience.

Good Luck

5. peej

peej Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    yeah I used the same one 10 years ago and 23 hatched out of 30 placed in! So I know that they can hatch good outa this thing!

6. silkie_sue

silkie_sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2010
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have 3 LG's ...2 forced air for incubation and a still air for a hatcher and at this very moment I have Lavender and Porcelain Silkies, also some Blue Silkies and Showgirls hatching. They work fine for me...[​IMG]

7. Ukmumbrood3

Ukmumbrood3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2011
    White plains, Md
    Ditto! I own 3 and like em too!

8. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I had one little chick who I put in the same day as I put in some duck eggs..they hatched on the same day. day 28. I have no clue why but the chick is healthy and happy! He thinks he's a duck though.

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have had many successful hatches in my LG. Now I use a Sportsman and can hatch a lot more eggs. I'm a hatch-a-holic. I still use my LG as a hatcher.

10. LilyD

LilyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Bristol, VT
    Any news on your eggs?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by