Day 23, broke “dud” eggs but there’s chicks! Help!

Beckin

Chirping
Dec 4, 2020
I had a dozen orp eggs and 4 hatched on night of day 20 and then day 21. No new activity on day 22; remaining eggs quiet and no pipping. I went to dispose of the eggs today (day 23) and do so by carefully cracking them open juuuust in case there’s bubs still in there. 3 of the eggs have fully formed chicks inside. I peeled away a coin-sized hole in the shells and left in incubator. I can see feathers and feet however there’s no movement at all from any and it’s been several hours. If there’s no movement, are they dead? Should I just dispose of them? Or peel the shell off completely? Should I leave them for another 12hrs and look for movement?
Ps pls no “you shouldn’t have touched them yet”... I know. But it happened. Now I need help!!

I had a dozen orp eggs and 4 hatched on night of day 20 and then day 21. No new activity on day 22; remaining eggs quiet and no pipping. I went to dispose of the eggs today (day 23) and do so by carefully cracking them open juuuust in case there’s bubs still in there. 3 of the eggs have fully formed chicks inside. I peeled away a coin-sized hole in the shells and left in incubator. I can see feathers and feet however there’s no movement at all from any and it’s been several hours. If there’s no movement, are they dead? Should I just dispose of them? Or peel the shell off completely? Should I leave them for another 12hrs and look for movement?
Ps pls no “you shouldn’t have touched them yet”... I know. But it happened. Now I need help!!
Just leave them in the incubator with open shells, that ay if they are alive they can at least breathe, but I've had this happen several times, so no need to panic, it's natural.

20201204_10372515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom