Day 23 chicken eggs, I need guidance (picture)

KSW

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2022
I have 3 eggs in the incubator on day 23. 3 of the other eggs hatched on day 21, including a maran. 2 still left are marans and the other is a surprise. I can’t see much in the Marans but I do still see veining. Here is a picture of the lighter egg, I’m using a headlamp so the majority of the air sac is not visible but it seems there is a dark line above the air sac almost. Is this a goner?
Picture below.
09BD9E54-35B6-4792-BED5-0BB14144A921.jpeg

Attachments

• 412A3539-91DE-4A88-8E54-349E87988ACF.jpeg
    412A3539-91DE-4A88-8E54-349E87988ACF.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 12
It is hard to tell, I see you candled the air cell, did you candle the pointed end? If the pointed end is clear (see through means fluid) it may need more time. It looks like alot of fluid. I would put it back for another day. Never help if there is fluid.

A day 18 at lockdown egg should look like this...egg all dark no fluid showing, good slope. I mark the slope and place that end up for hatching.
View attachment 3338295
Yeah I’m pretty sure it may have quit. It has a slope but not this much and it’s day 23. I’m concerned it may explode. The egg itself doesn’t smell but the incubator does from the chicks that hatched and hung out in there. I’m afraid I might miss the egg itself smelling

ususally eggs that have not hatched will have fluid in them. sometimes it will move back and forth, and people swear they see movement in the egg. It can just be fluid moving back and fourth.

Can I follow up on this post as I have the same issue. All others hatched day 21-22 with the hen and she abandoned the nest leaving 6 eggs behind. I candled and kept two. I saw veining in one what I thought was probably an egg that I gave one day later because she refused some eggs after day one. Now it's day 23 and I don't know what to do, because candling gives me mixed ideas by now. Any input on candling pics?
IMG_9621.jpeg
IMG_9622.jpeg

Egg one, to me it looks like it died or am I wrong?
IMG_9623.jpeg
IMG_9624.jpeg

Egg two. Yesterday I saw more veining on this one.

What concerned me the most is unequal and rather large air cell in both (more in one that the other)
The incubator runs at 98 f and 75% humidity but no action till now.

Back
Top Bottom