Day 23 Help!

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
its day 23 for some of my eggs. i candled them and out of 6 3 look good and there moving inside. but idk if i should open them and help or leave them. im afraid if i open them there not fully formed but if i leave them they might die. what do i do??

they can hatch late. usually day 28 or 29 is when you should help. they havent fully absorbed the yolk and arent quite ready.

Do not open them. If they are still alive you could kill them. What was your temp and humidity during incubation?

ok cuz i had them in an LG and i think the temp was low, and i moved them into a new bator on lockdown which holds the proper temp and humidity. the eggs arnt making any sounds or rocking but are moving inside. soo ill leave them a few more days, hopfully they hatch

Sorry I was at work 99.5 to 100 is good I would not add any more water. I usually have mine at 65%. Was your temperature low during your incubation. If so you will have a late hatch.

i decided to do a float test because i couldnt keep my mind off them and this was the only way i could tell if they were alive without opening them. soo i put them one at a time in the water so i could see any signs of movement from one egg at a time. out of six two didnt move at all and sunk to the bottom. but 4 of them floated and were rocking in the water. one of the 4 barley moved but still could see it moving soo its alive. soo im hopful for these 4. i guess they are just late hatchers

Steph, I'm really going to have to try this "float test" if I ever have a late hatch. Sounds interesting
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom