Day 23 internal pip duck egg?

won023

Songster
7 Years
Jan 31, 2017
England
im only on day 23 and this duck egg has internally pipped I’m quite certain will it survive?

Attachments

• 1E89037A-DE1F-4A98-B5D8-F5FDFD380620.jpeg
    1E89037A-DE1F-4A98-B5D8-F5FDFD380620.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 199
  • FA1178DA-CAD4-40B9-8F8D-CE3331D959FE.jpeg
    FA1178DA-CAD4-40B9-8F8D-CE3331D959FE.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 156
Is this a 26 day incubation species of duck?
Are there more eggs in there?
Sometimes things come early. I wouldn't worry but if this is the only one or others come early, your temps have likely been high throughout incubation.
I may be wrong but air cell looks pretty big.

Is this a 26 day incubation species of duck?
Are there more eggs in there?
Sometimes things come early. I wouldn't worry but if this is the only one or others come early, your temps have likely been high throughout incubation.
I may be wrong but air cell looks pretty big.
Hi. Thanks for the reply it’s one of my runner cross Magpie ducks I have a call set on the same day which hasn’t internally pipped yet

My eyes aren't that good to work from pictures. Is the air pocket clearly defined or does it have something causing the inner membrane to be erratic?

My eyes aren't that good to work from pictures. Is the air pocket clearly defined or does it have something causing the inner membrane to be erratic?
I see often the movement of jagged shadows so I’m presuming it’s an internal pip I know I’m supposed to wait but after 24hrs would a saftey hole hurt? Just in case?

I wouldn't do anything other than leave it in the closed incubator with humidity elevated and sit on your hands. You already know that it is way too early so leave it alone.
Ok will leave him and see I’ll treat like lockdown thanks

Update. It’s day 27 and still no external pip he’s made a large internal pip and is still alive.. he’s internally piped since day 23. I added a safety hole as I didn’t want air to run out but I’m concerned that he’s been internally pipped for this long with no external pip...

Back
Top Bottom