Day 24 and everyone else has long since hatched, still hear chirping!

eminator

Songster
11 Years
Aug 31, 2008
Pomona, CA
I have one egg left from a batch that hatched on Friday and Saturday (days 22 and 23). I have heard chirping from the last egg for the past day, but no pipping. Should I intervene?

Not sure about helping, but just wanted to note, that if you are hatching in an egg carton, your baby may have pipped at the wrong end, and can't zip. This happened to me, I kept hearing loud Chirping, but none of the eggs had pipped yet, then with a flashlight I noticed that one had pipped at the small end, I had to help that baby.

You should pip that one yourself, the shell may be to hard for the little one.
Be verry gental and peel away the top a bit if you see a lot of blood lines just make sure his beak can get air, if the blood lines are about gone, then gentaly peel away the shell and outer layers.
Dont take off the bottom part, if you get the top part off it will wiggle its way out the bottom.

So I pipped it and there was a hole in the inner membranse, so I tore the inner membrane a little, a little blood. Put it back in the bator. On the right track?

He or she is in a weird position, so it may have been difficult to pip.

Just to help I had to help 4 of my pheasants out yesterday the humidity had been to low and shells were hard and sack was dried up. They are doing fine now just wish I knew humidity was so crucial. Why dont they send a hydrometer with the incubator when you buy it? Oh well! Im just bummed I couldnt save more of my hatch. I would just peel the top part of egg off and then let dry and blood dry up then peel the membrane off when it was dry. Then let them come out on their own. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom