Day 24 and still no hatch?!

mmjc

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 10, 2013
Woodstock, VA
Today is day 24 for one of my white leghorn bantam eggs and still no hatch or pip. Should I be concerned?? Temps are good - staying at 99-100 degrees. I have a LG still air foam incubator. Took me a while to get the humidity levels up above 50% after lockdown though. After MUCH debate, I did decide to candle and there appeared to be some slight movement. Should've taken a picture to post, but the air cell looks good (not too big or too small) and there has always been good movement and veins in previous candlings. Not sure how much longer to wait?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

some take longer than others! my last ones hatched day 24-25, but some on here have hatched day 29,
bow.gif
keep us posted

Today is day 24 for one of my white leghorn bantam eggs and still no hatch or pip. Should I be concerned?? Temps are good - staying at 99-100 degrees. I have a LG still air foam incubator. Took me a while to get the humidity levels up above 50% after lockdown though. After MUCH debate, I did decide to candle and there appeared to be some slight movement. Should've taken a picture to post, but the air cell looks good (not too big or too small) and there has always been good movement and veins in previous candlings. Not sure how much longer to wait?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
What is your humidity???????????
Can make a big difference

Still no hatch! Today was day 28. Do I candle again or call it and throw it out? Don't want to throw it out if there is still a chance it could hatch, but am so afraid it will rot and explode if it's no good. I think my temps have been a little low which may be what caused it to be late, but this late?!?! I struggled with my humidity at first and couldn't get it above 42% but now it's been 56-62%. Just don't know what else to do?!!!

Okay, so I candled it again this morning and no movement and there was a little bit of a smell coming from the egg. I decided to toss it. I opened it up to see what happened and it was a completely formed chick but the liquid inside was a brownish/orange? I don't understand what is happening!! I get all the way to almost hatch day and then they're not hatching!!! I'm thinking of just giving up at this point. I check my temps and humidity levels like a million times a day....I just don't know.

Ahhh! Today is day 22 for my chicks and no noise or movement. I'm gonna candle them tonight to see if any are alive. I'm gonna wait a few more days and hope for the best! I hope you get a chick or two!
hmm.png

Thanks! Good Luck to you too! Keep me posted on the hatch. I have a few more due today and tomorrow. Really hoping I get at least a few.

Dont give up, I had 52 eggs in bator once and only hatched 5. Getting better since I read the dry incubatin method here on BYC. I had a hatch come off saturday, 70%. Not bad, cracked open the unhatched eggs, only had 3 chicks that didnt make it, the rest didnt develop. So, hand in there.

Back
Top Bottom